Skip to content
Skip to navigation
How to Become a Tutor
- UC Merced full-time undergraduate student majoring in the STEM disciplines
- At least two semesters of college experience
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Passed the courses of tutoring interest with at least an A-
- Ability to commit to the tutors hours selected at the beginning of the semester and Peer Tutor/Mentor Program monthly meeting
How to Apply
- Contact Dr. Petia Gueorguieva, STEM Center Coordinator (email@example.com) and outline your interests in becoming a peer tutor. Include your resume (with student ID and cum GPA) and unofficial transcript to this communication.
- Meet with Dr. Gueorguieva for a pre-interview and a discussion of the tutor positions.
- Meet with Dr. Gueorguieva (and/or committee members) for an interview and possible selection of courses you choose to tutor.
Expectations for Tutees
- Understand that tutoring is supplemental to the course – attend class and attempt to study the concepts before seeing your tutor.
- Have clear questions and bring course materials to the tutor sessions.
- Respect your tutor’s work and the STEM Center’s equipment.
- Understand that tutors will assist with your assignments, but will not do them for you.