Overall GPA of 3.0
Grades of B or higher earned in tutored, or equivalent
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to work effectively with students of diverse backgrounds, age groups and learning needs
Patience and interest in assisting students
Strong grasp of course concepts
How to Apply
- Visit https://aprecruit.ucmerced.edu/JPF01182 and submit your application
- If you meet basic eligabilty requirements, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Should you have any questions re the peer-tutor application and/or selection process, please contact Luis Carrasco or Petia Gueorguieva
Expectations for Tutees
- Understand that tutoring is supplemental to the course – attend class and attempt to study the concepts before seeing your tutor.
- Have clear questions and bring course materials to the peer-tutor sessions.
- Respect your peer-tutor’s work and room’s equipment.
- Understand that peer-tutors will assist with your assignments, but will not do them for you.