The STEM Resource Center provides academic support to the UC Merced undergraduate student population through a variety of services aimed at supporting academics and learning.
The peer tutor/mentor program was established to provide academic assistance to undergraduate students and designed to serve the diverse undergraduate population by providing continuous and comprehensive educational support.
More information about the program can be found on our Peer Tutor/Mentor Program page.
The STEM Resource Center is located in the Academic Office Annex (AOA) 114 and is designed to provide a location for non-classroom STEM-related activities for UC Merced undergraduate students. The Center is equipped with 22 seats, white boards, wireless connection for students to gather, engage, and interact. Students are encouraged to use the space to study individually or in study groups, with or without a tutor. A limited quantity of textbooks is available for student use.
Usage of the Space
- Respect yourself and others in the room – keep volumes to a minimum; use headphones
- Check-In using your CatCard or student ID every time you enter the room. Checking-Out is not required.
- Be courteous to your peers - clean your work area before leaving the room
- Respect textbooks and room equipment – Do Not take these out of the room at any time.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended – there is no constant supervision in the room.